Top reasons to select an Ammonia-Free Hair Colour
Hair colouring is one of the latest fads in the beauty industry that is here to stay. Whether you colour your hair for grey coverage or for fashion reasons; the catch is to do it with safe ingredients and products. The products that have ammonia in them are not considered safe for use. Hence, buyers look for beauty brands that have ammonia-free hair colours.
So, what are the reasons that make ammonia dangerous for your hair?
The purpose of infusing ammonia in hair colours is simple. It is the ingredient that gives the hair colour product the required pigment that it can emit in the hair. In short, it is the ammonia that puts colour in your hair. It acts as a bleaching agent, removes the dark colour of your original hair and deposits the selected colour in the hair as a consequence, it can have a damaging impact upon the hair follicle making hair appear dry, brittle, and unhealthy.
On the other hand, it is not only the person who is getting the hair dyed who is at risk of losing hair health. Even the person who applies the colour is going to suffer the ill impact of ammonia. It can cause irritation to the eyes, nose, through, and respiratory organ of the applicator too.
But there is no reason for you to get exposed to the harmful effects of ammonia-based hair colour. This is because there are umpteen brands that can manufacture ammonia-free hair colour, or at least the companies are claiming to manufacture so. But Godrej is keeping up the promise and manufacturing Ammonia-free hair colour for its customers.
Where do you find ammonia?
Did you know that ammonia is a chemical that is found in plastics, fertilizers, explosives, and pesticides? So, you can well imagine the extent of harm it can cause to your hair. In simple words, melanin is the pigment in our body that controls the colour of our hair and skin. Tyrosine is a protein in the human body that controls melanin. Now, ammonia damages tyrosine and thus the natural tendency of protecting hair colour is under threat when the follicle is attacked by “ammonia”.
So, now you can imagine the kind of threat you expose your hair to when you use ammonia-based hair colour.
- Ammonia is also responsible for damaging the sebaceous glands that generate sebum. Sebum is the natural moisturizer of hair. So, ammonia is responsible for hair thinning as one repeatedly uses ammonia-based hair colour. Even if you regularly moisturise your hair, you cannot protect them from the potential dangers of ammonia-based products.
- As ammonia “attacks” the hair cuticle to deposit colour in it, it causes damage to the cuticle. The structural intensity of the hair is destroyed. You can take beauty treatments to restore the health of cuticles but ammonia nearly has a permanent damaging impact on the hair.
- When ammonia is mixed with water, it forms ammonium hydroxide and turns into a very strong irritant that causes irritation in the eyes and nose. It can cause a burning sensation in the eyes.
- If you are thinking about how ammonia impacts the lungs/respiratory system, then here is your answer. It enters the bloodstream through the scalp. So, it can cause lung difficulties, sinus, and throat infections; especially for the professionals who apply ammonia-based hair colour to their clients. Inhaling ammonia can cause breathing difficulty for Asthma patients.
So, now that you are aware of the potential dangers and damages of ammonia, you will select an ammonia-free hair colour to live a mess-free life.
If you are thinking of alternatives to ammonia for getting the favourite colour on your hair, then you are not alone. Several users want to hit the pack that does not contain ammonia in its colour and Godrej brings a wonderful product for your hair colouring dreams/fantasies. All the shades are available in the ammonia-free variant.
Now, let us see the top advantages of using ammonia-free hair colours. But first, it is important to note here that ammonia-free hair colour does not mean it is natural. It just means that it does not have ammonia in it. Most brands use Monoethanolamine or MEA in place of ammonia. MEA is less harmful and contains alcohol. Moreover, it is mixed with essential oils.
- Ammonia-free hair colour does not cause irritation to the skin and eyes. Thus it is considered safe for use.
- Another big advantage of using such colours is that the hair cuticle is not exposed to the dangers of ammonia-based products. So, the hair is able to maintain its strength.
- The eyes and nose also remain safe because such products do not have an annoying odour.
- Moreover, the colour without ammonia is safe for people suffering from respiratory problems because it does not impact the lungs.
You may have to repeatedly keep using ammonia-free hair colour if you want grey coverage. But what would stop you from doing this if the product is sans ammonia? So, enjoy your hair colouring sessions completely free of guilt that may surround your thoughts for causing damage to your hair.
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020